"I think I know what we are going to do today Mom"
I am a mother of two rambunctious boys ages 9 and 2. I also have a chronic autoimmune disease which has changed my life around. I cannot do the things I used to. I do not want my kids to feel like they miss out on things. We have been using Pinterest frequently. It is a treasure chest of inspiration. We pin and pin and pin! Then they sit there....on the bulletin board. These great creative ideas that scream at me and make me desire to be more creative! I think I can do that! I cannot do a lot of things but I can do some things! I just have to change some! I am not working currently due to the disease. This summer I want to make fun! I want it to be one they remember! So...our goal is to take one of the creative ideas we have pinned a day and complete it. A pin a day. This can be a little one, a big one, just something to break up the summer days and do things that we normally would not! We can do it! These ideas are from the creative minds on pinterest and we hope you enjoy them! 86 days of Summer!!!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Outdoor Playscape/Camping Fun

We love the mountains and are always looking for more things to do there. (yes there are tons of things) I love when I find something to keep the boys busy while I am doing things. It is hard to find sit  down time as the boys go, go and go. We found this idea on pinterest from the enchanted tree. We also are waiting on Pop Pop to make tree cookies and blocks for us! Wonderful post from them!
Tic Tac Toe on tree trunk! We used sticks, rocks and pine cones but depending where you live you will have to adjust to what you can find! :) My 9 year old collected the things and he played for about 20 minutes! WOW!

My 2 year old also loved it. He sat down with Pop Pop and sorted. We were surprised by his skill! He too lasted about 20 minutes!! Success! Love It! Also promotes quiet time!!

8 comments:

  1. Love this idea! sharing it on https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Parents-Life/336772016426413 page. come check us out

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea! Just wanted you to know it was featured on our site today: http://www.thedatingdivas.com/food/101-camping-tips-ideas/ Thanks so much for sharing!!! XOXO, The Dating Divas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured this idea! You can see it here:

    http://funfamilycrafts.com/nature-tic-tac-toe/

    If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I was looking for something to do with my VBS group. Camping theme! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Terminator : Homebrew - Titanium Cost
    The Terminator: Homebrew titanium wedding bands for men is a homebrew homebrewed game for the SEGA ti89 titanium calculator Genesis by THQ Digital, a company that is currently under ‎Game titanium tent stakes Gear · ‎Sega Genesis Games citizen super titanium armor · ‎Sega Genesis Video titanium dioxide Games

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave messages, comments, feedback or your own findings on projects!